Followers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Leviathan

I recently got Behemoth, the second book in the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld (also the author of Uglies, which I loved) and Behemoth impressed me every bit as much as the first book, Leviathan. It was full of attitude from Deryn, a girl posed as a boy in the British Royal Air Navy and heavy life questions from Alek, a Hapsburg prince on the run from Germans and their Clanker war machines. The drawings in the book were absolutely amazing, and I actually put the picture of the behemoth as the background on my computer.
Also, we get to see the Ottoman Empire at the time of WWI and Dr. Barlow's eggs finally hatch, with highly unexpected results! An Ottoman underground shows us Lilit, a young woman who is a remarkable fighter and a fierce feminist. This proves awkward when she develops a crush on "Dylan"!
These books are amazing, and I recommend them strongly if you haven't read them before. If you have, post and tell me what you think! Also by Mr. Westerfeld is the Uglies series, which I also immensely enjoyed. I'll have to do a separate review on those though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment